Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Sidonia no Kishi

I've always said it and I'll say it again - don't you hate it when good things end? Although I suppose strictly speaking this isn't an end but simply that I must wait for the next chapter to be released, but I must say it turned out better than I thought it would. When I first started reading 'Sidonia no kishi', which I think just means 'knights of sidonia', I was unsure whether it would be good but it seems to have solved the issues I had with it.

[Benisuzume]

At first it was quite hard to follow what was going on, and this is coming from a person who has read manga for years and years and hasn't really had trouble following manga before. Also it did take me a little while to get used to the drawing style, the faces are very simple but the artist is lacking nothing in skill and puts plenty of detail into other aspects of the art, but I suppose it always takes a little while to adjust to the different art of each manga. 

But as with most stories the author tends to iron out all of the creases so to speak and the plot picks up speed and it actually turned out to be quite interesting! The story also got much easier to follow and everything made more and more sense as things were explained. 

[SPOILER ALERT]

I liked it when they explained where he came from, how he is a clone of the old ace pilot and how they changed his genes to make him immortal - although I'm not sure exactly what the author means by this, does it mean he won't die of old age? I know his wounds heal abnormally fast but he must still be able to die if he is chopped in half? I'm interested to know if there are any other quirks to his genetic manipulation! 

[Nagate Tanikaze & Izana Shinatose]

I also find the addition of whole scale genetic modification of the human race pretty cool! How there are those sisters who seem to have grown up in 5 years and have improved physical abilities since they were jumping from roof to roof? or maybe that just has to do with the different gravity? Also how they made so many people immortal and of course how they can change people to be able to photosynthesize which is pretty smart because they only need to eat once a week!

The Aliens are pretty mysterious and have crazy  powers. I think the name of the pilot who got cloned by the aliens (guana) is named Benisuzume and the author gives some of idea of what she is and what she is capable of but is also quite mysterious which makes me quite intrigued! The Chimeria Tsugumi is also really cool and thinking of how the author will use her in the plot is really interesting too!

All in all I think it gets much better after the first 10 or so chapters and recommend it as a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment