Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Escaping the Bad

I have been having periods of love and depression concerning LoL since I last posted. It just so happens that I am in a good mood about it at the moment. You see yesterday morning I solo queued ranked and was doing well until a team mate decided he had better things to do than actually be at his keyboard so he went away from his keyboard and consequently we lost the game. It is quite frustrating when this seems to happen on a regular basis.

After that mornings loss I felt a little dispirited about playing at a bronze league level especially after reading a post about being stuck in bronze on reign of gaming. I began to fear that in all my games my team mates would be so bad that I would have no chance of winning consistently anymore, but then I played a game with Ashley last night.

In that game I got to play thresh which is pretty rare nowadays because he is banned almost every game I play, and regardless of a few mistakes on my part and Ashley's we still won by quite a large margin. This may have just been because of thresh being too OP or our jungles being quite good, but I think I realized something.

I realised that I made quite a few mistakes and the thought occurred to me that maybe I do deserve to be playing in bronze and if I actually do deserve that then how I can improve my game play enough to change that? It is amazing the difference it makes to how I see it when my bronze team mates make mistakes - I now feel like I can't complain because I too make those same mistakes occasionally and until I raise my game then I shouldn't be worried about my team mates losing my games for me, I should focus first on making sure I am doing everything possible to win my games for myself. 


On that note Ashley told me about LoL lectures (examples above) which I can't believe actually exist but they do. I only started watching the first one this morning but he outlined the differences between the leagues, and when he was talking about all the places where bronze players fail, well lets just say I felt very bronze at the time. I can now work on strengthening my own play now that I am aware of my own weaknesses.

And so the journey continues on the path to higher heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment