Pages

Saturday 31 August 2013

Getting Stomped in League of Legends

So I've been playing league of legends recently after being an MMORPG gamer for so many years and I'm having mixed feelings about it at the moment. You see I just recently got Ranked and I won 5 out of my 10 qualifiers mostly because I played 4/10 of those games as Thresh and he is so OP but now that I'm in ranked and i practically never get to play him my ability probably doesn't matched up to my ranking. I got into Silver V and while I seem to do OK most of the time I'm still getting used to draft pick so sometimes i get a really bad champion match up and it all goes to hell.


It's actually been pretty depressing because I've only had one more win after getting ranked which was pretty epic and enjoyable but thinking about all the games I lose now is rather depressing. I just played a game this morning and our mid didn't connect until like 10 minutes into the game or maybe longer? I can't recall. Anyway we were doing OK for 4 vs. 5 but we just couldn't keep it up. We made an admirable effort at least.


Another game I played the other day was even more Depressing because I picked adc (which is the attack damage carry for those who don't play) and the enemy chose my pick - Ezreal and since I don't have many adc champions I had to go with Tristana whom I have never played a game with before and it was a nightmare. I did ask to switch with someone but... my team mates were rather unresponsive to my pleas. 

All this has led me to think about Star Craft II. The good things about that game is that I can play 1 vs 1 and don't have to rely on team mates (I've always been more of a solo gamer), but if I want to play with one of my brothers I can always do 2 vs 2 with them. I think I prefer RTS (real time strategy) to MMO's just because I don't have the time to play and play and play anymore - MOBA are included with RTS in the short play time too which is another reason I started playing again. Also I feel the skill involved is so much more, like the multitasking involved in playing SC2 is immense and there is so much depth to the game and so many different ways to play! There is only one thing wrong with SC2.

My Girlfriend, Kim, Doesn't like me playing it because I get so focused I can't hear anything else and consequently ignore her. The concentration I pour into that game is crazy and I always get a rush! I never used to like playing it that much because I thought it was too stressful but lately I'm starting to wonder if I would like it, as long as I can calm down enough while playing. 

Ah well, we shall just have to wait and see what happens in my Gaming life. 

2 comments: